I actually celebrate the beginning of my new year at the solstice, but as seems to be the tradition here, I'm posting a little review of my reading in 2008. I'll try and be brief! I've been blogging for almost 9 months and am completely hooked. I read 57 books this year, which is a vast improvement on 2007 and hope to whoop 2008's backside in 2009! Many thanks to all you fabulous bloggers out there for providing much entertainment and many many excellent book recommendations.
Favourite Reads 2008
In no particular order. I'm including rereads here because I loved these books so much better the second time around!
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell - Susanna Clarke
The Gift - Alison Croggon (reread)
Persuasion - Jane Austen
The Singing by Alison Croggon
The Ladies of Grace Adieu - Susanna Clarke
Twilight - Stephenie Meyer
The Ice Queen - Alice Hoffman
The Black Jewels Trilogy - Anne Bishop (reread)
Rebecca - Daphne Du Maurier
Books Read 2008
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell - Susanna Clarke
Seeing Redd - Frank Beddor
The Gift - Alison Croggon
The Riddle - Alison Croggon
The Crow - Alison Croggon
The Last Family in England - Matt Haig
The Solitude of Thomas Cave - Georgina Harding
The Innocent Mage - Karen Miller
The Awakened Mage - Karen Miller
Persuasion - Jane Austen
The Warlock Lord - Terry Brooks
The Druids' Keep - Terry Brooks
The Secret of the Sword - Terry Brooks
Isolde: Queen of the Western Isle - Rosalind Miles
The Clan of the Cave Bear - Jean M. Auel
A Perfect Day for Bananafish - J.D. Salinger
The Crimson Petal and the White - Michel Faber
Twilight - Stephenie Meyer
New Moon - Stephenie Meyer
The Three Incestuous Sisters - Audrey Niffenegger
High Fidelity - Nick Hornby
The Fall - Garth Nix
The Host - Stephenie Meyer
Danny Wallace and the Centre of the Universe - Danny Wallace
Eclipse - Stephenie Meyer
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close - Jonathan Safran Foer
Snakehead - Anthony Horowitz
Here, There Be Dragons - James A. Owen
Big Fish - Daniel Wallace
A Wizard of Earthsea - Ursula K. Le Guin
The Ice Queen - Alice Hoffman
Breaking Dawn - Stephenie Meyer
Snow - Tove Jansson
Last Battle of the Icemark - Stuart Hill
The Singing - Alison Croggon
Brisingr - Christopher Paolini
Tangled Webs - Anne Bishop
Smoke and Mirrors - Neil Gaiman
The Vampire Diaries: Vol I & II - L.J. Smith
The Ladies of Grace Adieu - Susanna Clarke
The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger - Stephen King
The Black Jewels Trilogy - Anne Bishop
Maus I & II - Art Speigelman
Rebecca - Daphne Du Maurier
The Ebony Hand - Rose Tremain
The Tales of Beedle the Bard - J.K.Rowling
Watchmen - Alan Moore
My Daughter, The Fox - Jackie Kay
Nocturnes - John Connolly
War for the Oaks - Emma Bull
Fragile Things - Neil Gaiman
The Bloody Chamber - Angela Carter
The Graveyard Book - Neil Gaiman
Here's to some fabulous reading in 2009!
Friday, January 2, 2009
Review of the Year 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
wow, thats alot of books read!
great list :) Persuasion is one of my favorite Jane Austen books.
Happy New Year.
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/
I'm glad you're hooked on book blogging! :D
yay for The Ice Queen. Such a brilliant book. And like Eva, I'm so glad you became one of us!
Lots of good ones here!
You read a lot of great books!
You read a lot of books...and I can see there're lot of good ones here! Here's to another great reading year!
Post a Comment